While consumers search for Sci Burg affordable health insurance, they have a price in their mind as the top priority. A general conception among the consumers is that cheap health plans should not be costly-the cheapest health plan available in the market is their target. However, this approach is not good. Sometimes, paying for a cheap health insurance plan but still not getting the required level of coverage results only in a wastage of money. With the implementation of the affordable care act, the reach of affordable health plans is set to increase. Or at least, this is what is believed to be the objective of healthcare reforms. However, lots of consumers are still in confusion about how things would work. This article will discuss some detailed options that consumers can try while looking to buy affordable health plans.
To get a hand on affordable health insurance plans, consumers need to take of certain things. First among them is about knowing the options in the particular state of the residence. There are lots of state and federal government-run programs that could be suitable for consumers. Knowing the options is pretty important. Next would be to understand all the programs’ terms and conditions and check the eligibility criteria for each one of them. Further, consumers should know their rights after implementing healthcare reforms. Within a few days, they may qualify for a particular program or be allowed to avail themselves of a particular health insurance plan. If consumers take care of these steps, there is no reason why consumers can’t land on an affordable health plan that could cater to their medical care needs.
Let’s discuss some options related to affordable health insurance plans state-wise:
State-run affordable health insurance programs in California
While considering California, there are three affordable health insurance plans that the state government runs. Consumers can surely get benefitted from these if they are eligible for the benefits.
• Major Risk Medical Insurance Program (MRMIP)
This program is a convenient one offering limited health benefits to California residents. If consumers cannot purchase health plans due to a preexisting medical condition, they can see if they qualify for this program and get benefits.
• Healthy Families Program
Healthy Families Program offers Californians low-cost health, dental, and vision coverage. This is mainly geared to children whose parents earn too much to qualify for public assistance. MRMIP administers this program.
• Access for Infants and Mothers Program (AIM)
Access for Infants and Mothers Program provides prenatal and preventive care for pregnant women having low income in California. It is administered by a five-person board that has established a comprehensive benefits package that includes both inpatient and outpatient care for program enrollees. Some facts about affordable health insurance in Florida While talking about affordable health insurance options in Florida, consumers can think about the below-mentioned options:
READ MORE :
• Floridians who lost employer’s group health insurance may qualify for COBRA continuation coverage in Florida. At the same time, Floridians, who lost group health insurance due to involuntary termination of employment occurring between September 1, 2008, and December 31, 2009, may qualify for a federal tax credit. This credit helps in paying COBRA or state continuation coverage premiums for up to nine months.
• Floridians who had been uninsured for 6 months may be eligible to buy a limited health benefit plan through Cover Florida.
• Florida Medicaid program can be tried by Floridians having low or modest household income. Through this program, pregnant women, families with children, medically needy, elderly, and disabled individuals may get help.
• Florida KidCare program can help the Floridian children under 19 years and not eligible for Medicaid and currently uninsured or underinsured Being Mad.
• A federal tax credit to help pay for new health coverage to Floridians who lost their health coverage but received benefits from the Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) Program. This credit is called the Health Coverage Tax Credit (HCTC). At the same time, Floridians who are retirees and are aged 55-65 and are receiving pension benefits from Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation (PBGC) may qualify for the HCTC.