Uniform Education and Education Revolution in Tamil NaduEducation can act as a powerful tool for reducing poverty and unemployment and achieving sustained human development. However, when we compared our country’s education with other developed/developing countries, the education in our country is not suitable to the current situation/practical life. All over the world, governments are strictly following the procedure of generating libraries along with schools, colleges, etc., because the emperor Napoleon said the “Build up libraries otherwise we would build up prisons.
Generally in all the countries are understand the importance of higher education. In the 1980s, American president Ronald Regan take several steps to improve higher educations. In a survey, among the 10 world’s best universities, 9 universities are situated in America. Most of the countries are including basic education as a human right. In India itself, the education quality incorporates schools, and private institutions have huge differences. For instance, the education system in institutions like IIM, IIT is differing from other institutions. IIM and IIT institutes students are having more future benefits like employment, salary, etc., rather than the other institutes. The syllabus difference between Tamilnadu and Kerala. We can give much more examples to prove equality in our education system.
According to India’s human resource development department report, only 77% of the students are pursuing their higher secondary studies. In which 61.6% of the students stop their studies in between of higher secondary. The total no. of schools and colleges is increased slightly compared to previous years, but the education quality is falling. Even though the students are well educated, they can’t get a job because of the nonpractical syllabus in many education institutions. Therefore, it is the right time to introduce the “education revolution” through uniform education.
READ MORE :
- Challenges and Opportunities in the Context of Internationalization of Higher Education
- iPhone Apps and Android Apps Play an Increasing Role in Education
- Quality Education Vs. Accreditation
- Online Finance Education – More Than Just a Finance Certificate
- 7 Do’s and Don’ts of Properly Managing Your Finances
In the current situation, only the richest students can get quality education in metric and private schools. The government of Tamil Nadu is going to introduce a uniform education system in eliminates equality in education. In the 1960s Gothari commission insists government of India introduce uniform education in every state, and also, the committee stressed increasing the allocation of finance to education. With that committee’s recommendations, the government of India introduced “Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan.” But the result is not up to the level. The Government of Tamilnadu comes forward to introduce the uniform education with the recommendation of the Muthu Kumaran committee. Uniform education will reduce the burden of the school children by reducing the no. of books and notes and also. It will make a full stop to the indirect collection of amounts from the children using textbooks. On one side, it is a good thing but on another side the quality of government schools not up to the mark of private schools.
Uniform education’s other important content is crating or building near by schools to children’s. But the government of Tamil Nadu doesn’t give any matters regarding the nearest school systems. The Government of Tamil Nadu also failed to include the medium of instructions as Tamil. Because Mr. Muthukumaran’s committee strongly stressed providing education in the mother tongue. The education minister also failed to include the significant content of uniform education in appointing a sufficient no. of teachers to each child in the Government Schools.
From the point of view of us and the point of view of experts, we wished to suggest. Some recommendations and we expect something from the Tamil Nadu education minister to develop the rural children education rate.
2. In most rural schools, the teacher-student ratio is too low (5 classes: 2 teachers). Merely introducing a common syllabus, we can’t expect uniform education development in all schools. The State Government should come forward to allocate more finance to education development.
3. Most politicians, like PMK leader Ramadoss, expect the State Government to provide LKG & UKG education to all the rural students. Because all the urban area students are going in the Ist standard after completing these courses, most rural students are joined without these courses. So far, four committees are arranged to analyze Indians’ education positions. All these committees recommend one thing severally: “nearby schools with mother tongue common schools.”
4.A child should get an education without going long distance, for that Government should construct more no. of schools in rural areas. So the Government didn’t explain about the nearby school’s construction.
5. Government school teachers are getting more salary than private school teachers. But the pass percentage is too lower than the private schools. This is because the government didn’t pay more attention to praising the teachers and punishing them when they are misleading.
6. Every year, Chennai Municipality receives Rs. 70 crores as education tax. As per the April 2009 situation, the idle amount is Rs. 120 crores. With his amount, the Chennai municipality can improve the 250 corporate schools to star category. Therefore, the government should concentrate on spending the collected amount towards school education development.
7. Even though the Government schools are giving free lunch, no fees, free uniforms, and free textbooks, most middle low-class peoples are interested in getting an appointment from the private schools. The Government should give been attention to these actions. It should find the reason.
8. Most rural students have stopped their education between (nearly 70% of the students stop their education within 10th STD) classes. The reason is poverty and also the school’s infrastructure education plan, test formation, and also job opportunity from the education. The Government should try to change the education system of our state. Every student should be assured of job opportunities.
9. According to the latest report from 1000 students, only 50-60 students can get jobs. It arises due to nonjob relevance syllabus and also lack of library facilities in our schools. So the Government should increase the library facilities in each & every school.
The Uniform education system may create an education revolution in Tamil Nadu, and it will scatter over all the states. The Government also will make keen attention to the education system in our country. We hope the uniform education syllabus will reduce the imbalance between rural students’ knowledge and urban students’ knowledge. It is time to create an education revolution in our country. We believe our state forward its first foot step to wards education revolution. In uniform education, the common syllabus is one of the footsteps. Still, many footsteps are informed of us. We have to cross them to get a quality education and provide quality education to our state students. The government may do, and God will help them.